Promoting Your Events and Announcements
How to promote your events, announcements & big news on campus tv monitors, Good Morning, Ursinus newsletter and What’s Up Ursinus Instagram account.
Good Morning, Ursinus Events & Announcements
How it works:
- The Good Morning, Ursinus e-newsletter (GMU) is sent 3x a week and dynamically pulls in events and announcements that are posted to the Ursinus website (posted within ANY office or department website). They MUST first be added to the website in order to appear in the GMU.
- All academic departments and administrative offices have a web content editor. They are your first contact. They are your point person for posting anything related to that department, a class within the department, a project, and/or affiliated student group, etc. Contact the related department’s Web Editor first. Start by asking the administrative staff or a faculty member in the department, they can point you to the right person. NOTE: If the event is non-related to the department in any way (example, faculty member is club advisor to Nerf Club) an area editor may still post the event in their department group and Erin Hovey can move the event to Student Engagement. Simply email Erin Hovey after the event is created.
- Editors will need the following information in order to create Event/Announcement:
- For Events: Give your area editor the Date, Time, Location and Summary Description for Event, Image (preferably not a flyer, but an image or simple graphic element related to flyer or other promotion.) and point of contact.
- For Announcements (no image): Give your area editor the Title of Announcement, Brief announcement copy, and one link for more information.
If you are unable to identify the web editor, contact Erin Hovey at email@example.com in College Communications with the same above information.
Create and Submit Slide for Campus TV Monitors
All students, faculty and staff members can create and submit a slide to our Campus Life Channel. Slides are NOT flyers. Slides MUST be 13” x 6” or 1230px by 660px and can be created in Powerpoint, Canva, Photoshop, etc. Details and the submit button can be found here:
Create and submit a Slide for TV Monitors
What’s Up Ursinus! Instagram Account
This is a popular hub for internal event promotion for clubs/orgs/general happenings at Ursinus. It’s primarily student-focused for the Ursinus Community.
For organizations/departments with an Instagram Account:
Post it on your account and send us a DM @whatsup_ursinus of the post for us to re-share to the stories.
For organizations/individuals/departments without Instagram accounts or those that want us to post something on our feed for them:
Send an email to Erin Edwards in College Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or through Teams to Erin Edwards with the following information:
- Event title, date, time, location, and name of individual or organization hosting the event (attach graphic file if it exists)
- Brief description of the event and its purpose
- Registration instructions, deadline, and link (if applicable)
- Any special instructions for attendees (ex: what to wear, bring, etc.)
Create a Short URL for better promotion
After your event is on the website, contact Erin Hovey at email@example.com with the link and suggested short url.
Examples: www.ursinus.edu/de-stress or www.ursinus.edu/76ers