Promoting Your Events and Announcements
How to promote your events, announcements & big news on campus tv monitors, Good Morning, Ursinus newsletter and What’s Up Ursinus Instagram account.
Good Morning Ursinus (GMU) Events & Announcements
How it works:
- The GMU dynamically pulls in events and announcements that are posted to the Ursinus Website (posted within ANY office or department website). They must first be added to the website in order to appear in the GMU.
- All academic departments and administrative offices have a web content editor. They are your first contact. They are your point person for posting anything related to that department, a class within the department, a project, and/or affiliated student group, etc. Contact the related department’s Web Editor first. Start by asking the administrative staff in the department. It is most likely them, but they can also point you to the right person. They will need the following information:
- For Events: Date, Time, Location and Summary Description for Event, Image (preferably not a flyer, but an image or simple graphic element related to flyer or other promotion.) and point of contact.
- For Announcements (no image): Title of Announcement, Brief announcement copy, and one link for more information.
If you are unable to identify the web editor, contact Erin Hovey at email@example.com in College Communications with the same above information.
Create and Submit Slide for Campus TV Monitors
All students, faculty and staff members can create and submit a slide to our Campus Life Channel. Slides are NOT flyers. Slides MUST be 13” x 6” or 1230px by 660px and can be created in Powerpoint, Canva, Photoshop, etc. Details and the submit button can be found here:
What’s Up Ursinus! Instagram Account
This is a popular hub for internal event promotion for clubs/orgs/general happenings at Ursinus. It’s primarily student-focused for the Ursinus Community.
For organizations/departments with an Instagram Account:
Post it on your account and send us a DM @whatsup_ursinus of the post for us to re-share to the stories.
For organizations/individuals/departments without Instagram accounts or those that want us to post something on our feed for them:
Send an email to Erin Edwards in College Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or through Teams to Erin Edwards with the following information:
- Event title, date, time, location, and name of individual or organization hosting the event (attach graphic file if it exists)
- Brief description of the event and its purpose
- Registration instructions, deadline, and link (if applicable)
- Any special instructions for attendees (ex: what to wear, bring, etc.)