Read below to learn more about how to use your approved testing accommodations.
Requesting Exam Accommodations
Students with testing accommodations approved by Disability and Access for either Extended Test Time or Distraction-Reduced Testing Environment can request exam proctors or exam space by completing the Alternative Testing form. This form can be accessed through your Bear Accessibility Student Portal.
Forms should be completed and submitted at least 5 business days prior to the exam in order to ensure enough time to implement requested testing accommodations. Although we will make every effort to take late requests, we cannot guarantee these requests will be accommodated and students may need to make arrangements with their faculty.
Step By Step
- Sign in through your Bear Accessibility Student Portal account.
- Click on Alternative Testing.
- Select the class your exam is in.
- Fill out the corresponding information about your exam (date, time, duration of exam). The duration of your exam should be the amount of time that is give in class. Your extra time for the exam will be calculated after you submit the Alternative Testing Form.
- Once form is received and arrangements are made, Disability and Access will approve the Alternative Testing Request on Bear Accessibility, and the student will receive an email notification. The student is responsible for arriving at their testing location 15 minutes prior to the exam.