As one of the more diverse campuses among highly selective liberal arts colleges, Ursinus works to build and maintain a vibrant multicultural community.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion directs the efforts to fulfill the college’s commitment to foster a community of care with respect for difference by working collaboratively with campus constituencies to continue to develop initiatives that enrich the academic, social, cultural and personal development of students.
What We Do:
- Create, direct, and offer programs and services that provide academic, social and personal support to students served by multicultural programs;
- Assist with Ursinus’ retention efforts;
- Provide advisement for the student groups affiliated with multicultural programs such as Sankofa Umoja Nia (S.U.N.) and the Association of Latinos Motivated to Achieve (A.L.M.A.);
- Initiate, collaborate, direct, and supervise educational and cultural programming for the broader campus community such as Kwanzaa, Black History Month and the Latino Festival;
- In conjunction with others in student/academic affairs, monitor, stimulate and promote the academic achievement of students;
- Build collaborative relationships with Alumni
- Provide opportunities for students to network and meet students from other area colleges and universities; such as attending workshops and conferences