Health Promotion provides services for the entire campus community: students, faculty and staff, coaches, as well as parents and alumni. We are a resource for every constituent regarding holistic health and wellness.
- Breathe, Stretch, Meditation sessions will be offered every Thursday from 915am-945am on Zoom throughout the Spring 2024 semester. Can’t make that time? Pick your own time and then click here to see recordings of these sessions to breathe, stretch, and meditate on your own!
Group services for sudents
In addition to campus-wide awareness events, group trainings on bystander intervention with sessions focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drugs including Influence of Cannabis, Alcohol’s Impact and Event Director Training.
Individual services for students
- Health and Wellbeing Coaching around all kinds of wellness topics including mental, physical, spiritual, and social health.
- Individual brief assessments for alcohol and other drugs, including nicotine and vaping.
- Resources and referrals to on and off-campus supports including support for students in recovery
To set up an individual appointment for any of the above, email email@example.com
Stressed about Money?
Need help managing your financial wellness? Check out iGrad - a financial wellness platform that Ursinus provides to all students that provides tons of resources to learn more about personal finance.
Services for Faculty:
- Don’t Cancel That Class program providing guest speakers on wellness topics personalized to fit your syllabus. Staff are qualified to discuss a variety of wellness topics. To request a guest speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that holding Friday morning classes or meetings is a Tier 3 prevention strategy from the National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse? Reach out to learn about all the strategies that are evidence-based for faculty and check out the research on how alcohol impacts academic success.
- Interested in helping to improve the culture around substances on campus? Join the Community Standards on Alcohol and other Substances (CSAS) Committee to actively play a role in collecting and reviewing data to address trends and create recommendations for the College on how to improve the culture around substances.
Services for Coaches:
- REQUIRED TEAM TRAINING: Each year, every team will undergo a personalized training session connecting leadership among the team to leadership in a social setting. This will vary each year and include topics such as recognizing high risk behaviors like hazing, substance use disorder, and sexual misconduct - and focus on the impact of wellness, alcohol and drugs on performance. The session utilized a proven effective technique called Group Motivational Enhancement and requires a survey to be completed by each athlete every other year - Fall 2023 is not a survey year. To request a training, contact Katie Bean directly or email email@example.com
- Private consultations regarding student-athlete concerns. To consult with the Director, email Katie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional workshops on any well-being topic can be scheduled any time based on interest. The most popular are How to Avoid Burnout, Customizing your Own Self-Care Routine, Developing Healthy Habits, as well as Yoga and Meditation.
- If you have an athlete who has a substance use disorder, our office can provide an Allies of Recovery Training for the team and coaches to ensure everyone can support each other.