Health Promotion provides services for the entire campus community: students, faculty and staff, coaches, as well as parents and alumni. We are a resource for every constituent regarding holistic health and wellness.
Group services for sudents
In addition to campus-wide awareness events, group trainings on bystander intervention with sessions focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drugs including Influence of Cannabis, Alcohol’s Impact and Event Director Training.
Individual services for students
- Health and Wellbeing Coaching around all kinds of wellness topics including mental, physical, spiritual, and social health.
- Individual brief assessments for alcohol and other drugs, including nicotine and vaping.
- Resources and referrals to on and off-campus supports including support for students in recovery
To set up an individual appointment for any of the above, email email@example.com
Stressed about Money?
Need help managing your financial wellness? Check out iGrad - a financial wellness platform that Ursinus provides to all students that provides tons of resources to learn more about personal finance.
Services for Faculty:
- Don’t Cancel That Class program providing guest speakers on wellness topics personalized to fit your syllabus. Staff are qualified to discuss a variety of wellness topics. To request a guest speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that holding Friday morning classes or meetings is a Tier 3 prevention strategy from the National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse? Reach out to learn about all the strategies that are evidence-based for faculty and check out the research on how alcohol impacts academic success.
- Interested in helping to improve the culture around substances on campus? Join the Community Standards on Alcohol and other Substances (CSAS) Committee to actively play a role in collecting and reviewing data to address trends and create recommendations for the College on how to improve the culture around substances.
Services for Coaches:
- REQUIRED TEAM TRAINING: Each year, every team will undergo a personalized training session connecting leadership among the team to leadership in a social setting. This will vary each year and include topics such as recognizing high risk behaviors like hazing, substance use disorder, and sexual misconduct - and focus on the impact of wellness, alcohol and drugs on performance. The session utilized a proven effective technique called Group Motivational Enhancement and requires a survey to be completed by each athlete every other year - Fall 2023 is not a survey year. To request a training, contact Katie Bean directly or email email@example.com
- Private consultations regarding student-athlete concerns. To consult with the Director, email Katie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional workshops on any well-being topic can be scheduled any time based on interest. The most popular are How to Avoid Burnout, Customizing your Own Self-Care Routine, Developing Healthy Habits, as well as Yoga and Meditation.
- If you have an athlete who has a substance use disorder, our office can provide an Allies of Recovery Training for the team and coaches to ensure everyone can support each other.