The Culture Knowledge Nook
Learn more about culture in the workplace. We provide you the resources.
12 Reasons Why Culture Eats Strategy for Lunch
1. People are loyal to culture, not strategy.
2. Culture provides resilience in tough times.
3. Culture is more efficient than strategy.
4. Culture creates competitive differentiation.
5. Culture can spark a contrarian (organizational) strategy.
6. A brittle culture can doom even a great organization.
7. When strategy and culture collide, culture will win.
8. Cultural miscues are more damaging than strategic ones.
9. Strategies can be copied but no one can copy your culture.
10. Culture provides greater discipline than disciplinary action does.
11. Culture provides a level of risk prevention that cannot be attained with strategy alone.
12. Culture will have a significant impact on your future bottom line (your financial status).
Taken from The Cultural Blueprinting Toolkit by Joe Tye.
Interested in Learning Higher Ed Perspective on Culture?
Check out the book: The Impact of Culture on Organizational Decision-Making: Theory and Practice in Higher Education by William G. Tierney. Tierney is the Wilbur-Kieffer Professor of Higher Education and the Director of the Center for Higher Education Policy Analysis at the University of Southern California.
Want to Learn More About Culture and Why It Matters?
Try these reading selections:
Change the Culture, Change the Game by Roger Connors and Tom Smith
Build the Culture Advantage by Tim Kuppler, Ted Garnett, and Tom Morehead