2023 Open Enrollment and New Benefit Information
Coverage for 2023 will continue to be with PAISBOA Health Benefit Trust, which consists of 140 independent universities and schools that collectively purchase health insurance for better bargaining power. This arrangement provides greater stability each year in the annual renewal process and protects us from high claims costs.
This year, our annual open enrollment period will run from September 5 to September 16. It is MANADOTORY that all benefit-eligible employees login into ADP to make their 2023 enrollment choices.
The insurance carrier for the Trust is Independence Blue Cross. There are several very positive aspects of this arrangement that will benefit you directly, including:
- The deductible is $2,500 for single and $5,000 for family. Once the deductible has been met, there are no copays.
- The college will continue to support employees by funding the second half of the deductible through the Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). We will continue to use the Harrison Group for both the HRA and the Health Savings Account (HSA).
- The prescription drug coverage will be administered by Independence Blue Cross for 2023. You will pay the full price for the drug (with the pharmacy discounts applied) until you meet your deductible, and then you will have copays for all drugs based on their formulary list: $5 for generic; $20 for Preferred and $45 for Non-Preferred.
- The plan under the Trust also provides vision coverage through VBA at no extra cost to you.
- The monthly premium for coverage for 2023 will remain the same.
Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
We will continue to offer the current plans with Metlife including the base dental plan, the buy up dental plan, the vision plan through VSP, and voluntary supplemental life insurance. For 2023, Metlife dental will receive a decrease in monthly premiums. The college will continue to support the $15 per month for employees who enroll in a dental plan. There is a slight increase in the monthly premium for the Metlife Vision.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Beginning November 1, Flexible Spending Accounts will now be administered by the Harrison Group (instead of Benefits Allocation Systems), which also administers the HSA and HRA accounts for employees in the high deductible plan. The college will continue the same funding to our HSA and HRA accounts.
The plan under the Trust has a wellness component tied directly through Independence Blue Cross. You now can earn $200 in gift cards by completing five healthy actions.