2024 Open Enrollment and New Benefit Information
Representatives from PAISBOA will be on campus on Tuesday, September 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Olin Auditorium.
Coverage for 2024 will continue to be with PAISBOA Health Benefit Trust, which consists of 140 independent universities and schools that collectively purchase health insurance for better bargaining power. This arrangement provides greater stability each year in the annual renewal process and protects us from high claims costs.
This year, our annual open enrollment period will run from September 4 to September 15. It is MANADOTORY that all benefit-eligible employees login into ADP to make their 2024 enrollment choices.
The insurance carrier for the Trust is Independence Blue Cross. There are several very positive aspects of this arrangement that will benefit you directly, including:
- The deductible is $2,500 for single and $5,000 for family. Once the deductible has been met, there are no copays.
- The college will continue to support employees by funding the second half of the deductible through the Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). We will continue to use the Harrison Group for both the HRA and the Health Savings Account (HSA).
- The prescription drug coverage will be administered by Independence Blue Cross for 2024. You will pay the full price for the drug (with the pharmacy discounts applied) until you meet your deductible, and then you will have copays for all drugs based on their formulary list: $5 for generic; $20 for Preferred and $45 for Non-Preferred.
- The plan under the Trust also provides vision coverage through VBA at no extra cost to you.
- Invitro treatment and Hearing Aide discounts will be added to the plan in 2024.
- There is no increase in cost to the medical plans in 2024.
- New Plan Year runs from November 1, 2023 to October 31, 2024.
Dental and Vision
Delta Dental will be the new dental carrier in 2024. A base dental plan and a buy up dental plan will still be offered. There is a decrease in the monthly premium but an increase in the out-of-pocket maximums depending on your plan election. Orthodontia benefits have been added to the buy up plan.
The college will continue to support the $15 per month for employees who enroll in a dental plan.
Vision will continue to be offered through VBA through enrollment in a medical plan or as a stand alone benefit.
Flexible Spending Accounts
The Flexible Spending Accounts are administered by the Harrison Group which also administers the HSA and HRA accounts for employees in the high deductible plan. The college will continue the same funding to our HSA and HRA accounts.
The plan under the Trust has a wellness component tied directly through Independence Blue Cross. You now can earn $200 in gift cards by completing five healthy actions.