Members of the United Healthcare medical plan with Ursinus have the option to receive an additional contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA) by committing to be a wellness participant. By electing to be a wellness participant each employee will receive an additional $300.00 HSA contribution.
In an effort to enhance our wellness initiatives, NEW U offers activities and programs throughout the year to guide our employees to healthier choices. Members of the Independence Blue Cross (IBC) medical plan with Ursinus College have the option to receive an additional contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA) by committing to be a wellness participant. By electing to be a wellness participant each employee will receive an additional $300 HSA contribution.
If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by June 5, the participant will receive $300 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by December 4, the participant will receive the $300 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant does not satisfy the wellness requirements by December 4, 2020, the participant will NOT receive the additional $300.
How to Complete Wellness Commitment Form
- Use the online Wellness Commitment Form to submit your requirements for 2020.
- If you are entering an individual wellness activity that is part of your ongoing fitness routine, please enter the time frame of your routine. For example, if you jog three times a week throughout the year, please enter January 2020- December 2020 as the date of your activity.
Four Requirements to being a Wellness Participant in 2020:
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment by March 31, 2020.
- Log onto ibxpress.com
- Click on the “Health & Well Being” tab
- Click on “Complete My Well Being Profile”
- Receive one dental screening/cleaning or an annual vision screening.
- Receive one preventative service (e.g. annual routine exam, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.)
- Participate in at least 5 activities throughout the year in a wellness activity sponsored by NEW U or individual activities. These 5 activities must be in at least 2 of the following categories: nutrition, stress management, fitness & wellness education.
Activities in 2020:
- Stairs Challenge (March 2020)
- Lunch and Learns
- Yoga classes
- Wellness Fair (October 2020)
- Coursera on-line courses (Self-paced)
- Flu Shots
- Bio-Metrics Screening