Members of the United Healthcare medical plan with Ursinus have the option to receive an additional contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA) by committing to be a wellness participant. By electing to be a wellness participant each employee will receive an additional $300.00 HSA contribution.
In an effort to enhance our wellness initiatives, NEW U offers activities and programs throughout the year to guide our employees to healthier choices. Members of the United Healthcare (UHC) medical plan with Ursinus College have the option to receive an additional contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA) by committing to be a wellness participant. By electing to be a wellness participant each employee will receive an additional $300 HSA contribution.
If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by June 7, the participant will receive $300 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by December 6, the participant will receive the $300 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant does not satisfy the wellness requirements by December 6, 2019, the participant will not receive the additional $300.
How to Complete Wellness Commitment Form
- Use this online Wellness Commitment Form to submit your requirements for 2019.
- You can re-enter/edit the form as often as you need.
- Click the save button and exit out of the form if you wish to return to the form at a later date for completion.
- Do not electronically sign your name or hit submit until you are you are completely finished and ready to submit your form.
- It is important to know that the information you enter on the form will only be saved if you use the same computer and browser.
If you do not remember the date that you completed your Health Risk Assessment (HRA) on myuhc.com, you can check by logging back into your account with myuhc.com and using the health and wellness tab.
If you are entering an individual wellness activity that is part of your ongoing fitness routine, please enter the time frame of your routine. For example, if you jog three times a week throughout the year, please enter January 2019- December 2019 as the date of your activity.
Four Requirements to being a Wellness Participant in 2019:
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment via www.myuhc.com by December 6, 2019.
- Receive one dental screening/cleaning or an annual vision screening.
- Receive one preventative service (e.g. annual routine exam, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.)
- Participate in at least 5 activities throughout the year in a wellness activity sponsored by NEW U or individual activities. These 5 activities must be in at least 2 of the following categories: nutrition, stress management, fitness & wellness education.
Activities in 2019:
- Stairs Challenge (March 2019)
- Lunch and Learns
- Yoga classes
- Wellness Fair (October 2019)
- Coursera on-line courses (Self-paced)
- Flu Shots
- Bio-Metrc Screening