Connecting a Windows Computer to Ursinus Shared Drives
How to get access to the Ursinus shared drives, also referred to as the “S” drive.
1. Open Windows Explorer.
Below are ways to open Windows Explorer:
- Search for it in the search bar.
- Double-click the “My PC”, “My Computer”, “Computer”, or the folder icon located on your desktop.
- Choose windows explorer in the Start Menu or from the shortcut bar.
- Hold the Windows Key down on your keyboard (usually located on the bottom left of the keyboard next to the Ctrl and Alt keys) and while holding down the Windows Key, press the “E”.
2. Within Windows Explorer, select “This PC” in the sidebar on the left. Older windows version may list as “Computer”, “My Computer”, etc.
3. After clicking “This PC”, click the “Map network drive” icon located towards the top. You can also right-click on “This PC” and choose “Map network drive” from the pop-up menu.
4. After choosing “Map network drive”, the below window will open and you can click on the drop-down box next to “Drive:” and choose “S”.
Then in the “Folder” box, enter “\\ursinus.local\ucdrives” (without the quotes, include all back slashes, ‘\’, not the forward slash ‘/’).
Next, click the “Reconnect at sign-in” ( or “Reconnect at login”) box to add a check mark in it so the drive reconnects after a reboot. Then click “Finish”.
5. You will be prompted to login.
On an Ursinus computer, enter your Ursinus username (email address without the @ursinus.edu) in the “user” or “username” box, then enter your Ursinus password.
On a personal computer (not a college computer), the format for the username would be ursinus\username
Click “OK” or “Connect”.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Tech Support and we’ll be glad to assist.