First Year Advising Institute 2021
The Institute for Student Success will be offering a series of workshops for First Year Advisers starting in July and continuing throughout August.
- Implementing Productive and Efficient Cohort Meetings - Tuesday, July 13 @ 1:00PM - Facilitated by Nick Hanford
- Mentorship Matters: Understanding the Components of Mentorship and Applications to Advising - Wednesday, July 21 @ 1:00PM - Facilitated by Adam Linetty
- Self-Care and Community - Care For Us and Them - Tuesday, July 27 @ 11:00AM - Facilitated by Katie Bean
- First-Year Advising and Promotion/Tenure -Thursday, August 5 @ 1:00PM - Facilitated by Nathan Rein
- Theory and Practice of Advising - Wednesday, August 11 @ 11:00AM - Facilitated by Katie O’Brien
- Equitable Practices in Advising - Thursday, August 19 @ 11:00AM - Facilitated by Dolly Singley & Simara Price
First Year Advisers should sign up for workshops in advance here.
First-time Institute participants who attend four or more workshops are eligible to receive a $500 stipend.