Students with Disabilities
We are committed to ensuring that all students with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations enabling them to have access to college programs and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act guidelines.
The criteria for eligibility for accommodations for post-secondary institutions are very different than those for K-12. Students, who are interested in receiving academic accommodations, physical modifications/accommodations, and housing/food adjustments, should complete the Accommodation Request Form (below) and contact email@example.com or 484-762-4329.
Ursinus College does not offer special courses or programs solely for students with disabilities; however those programs that exist for all students are made accessible to students with documented disabilities.
- Complete the Accommodation Request Form
- Provide current documentation, which meets the appropriate documentation requirements. In general, documentation should include testing/assessments completed by an independent properly credentialed professional in the applicable field and include recommendations for accommodations.
- Complete an intake with the Director of Disability Services.
- The intake will take about one hour and is an opportunity for students to discuss their understanding of academic strengths, needs, and symptoms/conditions.
- Meet with the Director of Disability Services at the beginning of each semester to reinstate the accommodations for qualifying students and discuss any concerns or changes.
Students who feel that their accommodations are not sufficient or disagrees with the denial of a requested accommodation are encouraged to contact the Director of Disability Services to discuss their concerns.
If the student feels their concern has not been resolved or the actions of the Director of Disability Services are at issue, the student may contact the Assistant Dean Students/Co-Director of the Institute for Student Success.
Additional Ursinus Resources
There are many other services that are available to help all students, including those with disabilities. Please contact any of the following offices to receive information about the services below: