Find the right tutoring option for you!
To request an Individual Tutor, please complete the Tutor Request Form.
All Ursinus tutors are selected based on their in-class performance and recommendations from faculty. Tutoring provides space for students to practice and learn skills necessary for academic success. Students may request a tutor for most 100 or 200-level courses (unless a help room is offered in that subject area). Tutoring is free for all students.
Help Rooms are open at least twice a week and provide discipline-specific support. Students are seen on a walk-in basis, with some appointments available weekly. Tutors employed in these help rooms have excelled in classes for their major.
- Economics/Business Help Room
- Genetics Help Room
- History Help Room
- Math and Computer Science Help Room
- Physics Help Room
The Institute for Student Success also collaborates with departments on group tutoring programs for historically challenging courses. These groups meet weekly with a tutor to discuss concepts, develop effective learning strategies, and participate in various active learning exercises.
- Anatomy & Physiology Practice Sessions (APPS) for Biology 205 and 206
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) for Biology 101 and 102
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) for General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry