Find the right tutoring option for you!
All Ursinus tutors are selected based on their in-class performance and recommendations from faculty. Tutoring provides space for students to practice and learn skills necessary for academic success. Students may request a tutor for most 100 or 200-level courses (unless a help room is offered in that subject area). Tutoring is free for all students. To request an Individual Tutor, please complete the Tutor Request Form.
Help Rooms are open at least twice a week and provide discipline-specific support. Students are seen on a walk-in basis, with some appointments available weekly. Tutors employed in these help rooms have excelled in classes for their major.
- Economics/Business Help Room
- Genetics Help Room
- History Help Room
- Math and Computer Science Help Room
- Physics Help Room
The Institute for Student Success also collaborates with departments on group tutoring programs for historically challenging courses. These groups meet weekly with a tutor to discuss concepts, develop effective learning strategies, and participate in various active learning exercises.
- Anatomy & Physiology Practice Sessions (APPS) for Biology 205 and 206
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) for Biology 101 and 102
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) for General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry