You are invited to participate in the 2019 Ursinus College Study Abroad Photo Contest.
Complete and submit an entry form.
Up to three photos can be submitted with one form.
To take part in this contest you must be a UC Student who has participated in a program approved by Ursinus for academic credit. It does not include vacation travel abroad other than interim travel as part of a study abroad program.
- You may submit up to three photographs using link above.
- Photos must be original work (no professional photos will be accepted) and may be color, black & white, or sepia
- Save photos with a file name in this format: Country_Lastname_Firstname_Semesteryear.jpg (ex. Italy_Alvarez_Paula_Spring2015.jpg).
- Please make sure that photos are high resolution and suitable for enlargement to 16 x 20.
- In the text of your email, include your name, class year and title of the photos.
- Complete and submit an entry form.
Your photos should capture an experience or record an observation abroad. We especially encourage submission of photos directly related to the credit-bearing experience (such as internship or research undertaken abroad), but we will also accept photos taken during leisure or travel.
Photos featuring yourself and/or other students abroad are strongly encouraged. Other topics may include local people, culture specific activities, traditions, landmarks, cityscapes, landscapes etc.
Photographs will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Representation of the study abroad experience.
• Sensitivity toward the host culture.
You must submit your photograph(s), along with the completed photo contest entry form by 5:00 pm. on Thursday, January 31, 2019
There are three categories:
- Juried Award
- Student’s Choice Award
- Center for International Programs Award
Only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
One “1st Place” photo will be awarded in each category. Each of these winners receives $50.