All new International students are required to attend International Student Orientation
The International Student Ambassadors will give you a complete tour of the college to show you the academic buildings, the dining hall, and the fitness center. Following Orientation, the International Student Ambassadors will assist with any last minute details for students, and you will begin your First-Year Orientation when the rest of the freshman class arrives. This gives you a chance to intermingle with your fellow peers, and begin your journey at Ursinus. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, do not hesitate to contact either the ISA or the Student Ambassadors.
Orientation topics & activities
- Immigration check-in (bring your passport and I-20)
- Immigration information
- Campus Tour
- Laptop distribution and Ursinus ID
- Resources (Center for Speaking and Writing, Institute for Student Success, instructional technology, etc).
- Health and safety/US heath system
- Cultural Shock/Adapting to the American student lifestyle
- US travel and mass transit
- Meeting with academic advisor for course selection
- Trip to Philadelphia using public transportation
- Shopping trips