The international population at Ursinus numbers 5% and comes from 20 countries. We believe that participating in, not just reading about, international diversity is essential to student success.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. International students are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year until the incoming class is full. Most students apply between September and March for the fall semester, which begins at the end of August. A limited number of students are accepted for the spring semester, which begins in mid-January.
International Application Checklist
In order for your application to be considered complete we require the following:
- $100 application fee
Apply online using the Common Application. This will include:
- Personal Essay
- Recent analytic or graded paper from an academic subject (optional)
- Official high school transcripts spanning the entirety of the your high school experience (grades 9-12 or equivalent).
- School profile (recommended).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if native language is not English and/or courses are not taught in English. Minimum TOEFL score is an 80 on the internet-based exam. Minimum IELTS is 6.5.
- For international students graduating from U.S. high schools, SATs are recommended.
- Ursinus College International Student Financial Statement or the College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances.
- Bank statement to support your financial ability.
- APPLICANTS FROM CHINA: Ursinus College requires Chinese applicants living in China to submit an interview conducted by our affiliate, Vericant. Vericant has offices across China and is headquartered in Beijing. Before any decision is made regarding an applicant’s candidacy for admission to Ursinus, a Vericant interview must be submitted. To learn more about Vericant and to schedule your interview, please visit www.vericant.com/cn
Costs and Financial Aid
The cost of attending Ursinus includes tuition, room & board, and fees billed directly by the College. Other costs include books, travel, personal expenses, and loan fees.
- Tuition & Fees- $50,360
- Room- $8,380
- Board- $4,180
Total Direct Costs for 2016-17: $62,920