The advising and application process for study abroad in summer 2020, fall 2020 and/or spring 2021 is underway.
Ten Steps to Apply to Study Abroad
(Ursinus Advising and Application Process)
- Familiarize yourself with our Policies and Procedures by attending a required Study Abroad 101 Info Session.
- Submit the 2020-21 Exploratory Advising Questionnaire made available to you after you attend a required Study Abroad 101 Info Session. Your answers allow us to get to know you and understand your background, goals and priorities. (You must submit the questionnaire by February 1, 2020 in order to complete the internal application process by the February 7, 2020 application deadline.)
- After you submit the survey you will receive an email with a list of recommended programs tailored to your background and goals. Carefully consider (and rank in order of preference) the program options suggested to you.
- Email your rankings to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability to meet. A staff member will notify you of your appointment date and time.
- Come to your advising appointment prepared to discuss your preferences, goals, and needs. We will help you choose a program and will guide you through the application process.
- Once you have selected a program, carefully review the course offerings for the term you plan to participate and fill out the Proposed Course of Study form listing the courses you hope to take, making note of how you think they will count (ex. for major credit, minor credit, core requirements, or elective credits).
- Meet with your academic adviser to discuss your preferred program and your Proposed Course of Study form. Be sure to review whatever major, minor and core requirements you still need to fulfill, and have a clear plan to to stay on track to graduate, especially if you are behind on credits. You will need your adviser to approve your Proposed Course of Study.
- You can now begin your internal (Ursinus) application. See detailed instructions here. Your internal application to Ursinus represents a request for permission to study in the program of your choice with a guarantee of (transfer) credit. It is not an application for admission to an external (non-Ursinus) program.
- The deadline for the internal (Ursinus) application is Friday, February 7, 2020 for all credit-bearing study abroad to take place summer 2020, fall 2020 and/or spring 2021.
- The International Education Committee (IEC) made up of faculty and administrators from Academic and Student Affairs will review your application and Paula Álvarez Tamés, Director of International Programs, will notify you of the results via email by the end of February.
After your internal application is approved, you’ll need to submit an external application for admission to your program if it is not run directly by Ursinus. Read about the external program application process.