Interfaith initiatives foster formal and informal
connection, education, and dialogue between
faculty, staff, and students of differing religious
traditions. The community is able to learn about all types of spirituality through Interfaith Initiatives.
- Twice a semester interfaith gatherings are held in the Chapel featuring religious leaders from various faith traditions to promote peace and mutual understanding through shared worship and discussion.
- A group for those interested in interfaith dialogue as a pathway to revelation, reconciliation, and religious .
- Member of Interfaith Youth Core
- Students actively engage in each other’s traditions
- Students of various faiths feel comfortable seeking counsel from both the Chaplain and the Rabbi
- Increased knowledge of various religious traditions
Ursinus College honors the wide diversity of religious and spiritual practices that make up our campus and its surrounding community. While American calendars are largely derived from Christian-rooted cultures and holidays, we recognize the inequitable impact this has on members of our community who observe other religious and spiritual practices. To that end, we offer this calendar as an imperfect attempt to highlight the diversity of observances present within the Ursinus College community and equip students, faculty, and staff with the information necessary to create a campus environment that strives to fully include and welcome people of all backgrounds.
If you have questions about these holidays, or see things missing that you feel might be important to add, please contact College Chaplain and Director of Religious and Spiritual Life Rev. Terri Ofori at email@example.com Ext. 3273