Parents Leadership Council
A message from current PLC members
Meet our 2021-22 PLC Co-Chairs
Dear Fellow Ursinus Parents,
We are honored to take on the role of Co-Chairs for the Parents Leadership Council (PLC) for 2021-2022. When our daughter, Phoebe, enrolled in the Class of 2023, we sought ways to support Ursinus in its excellent work engaging students and preparing them for success beyond their graduation.
The PLC is a core group of committed parents who help move Ursinus forward in a variety of ways. The Council is an excellent opportunity to play an active, supportive role and to more fully engage with the Ursinus Community.
As proud Ursinus parents, we are excited to play a positive role in supporting the college through the PLC and encourage you to contact us at KandCTomp@gmail.com with any questions.
Christopher R. and Katherine Ide Tompkins P’23
PLC members contribute to the college in numerous ways, including the following:
- Providing parent perspectives by sharing their insights on their experience and their students’ experiences.
- Supporting the Annual Fund with a leadership gift of $1,869 or more.
- Offering experiential internships and career opportunities to Ursinus students.
- Being available to offer career advice to students through the UC Parent Group on LinkedIn.
- Provides job shadow opportunities to current students through our Extern Program.
- Facilitates connections to people and organizations interested in hiring talented Ursinus students and alumni.
- Work with the admission office to connect with prospective students and families.
- Attend and/or assist with Admission Events
- Assist with college fairs
- Contact prospective students and families
- Host prospective student events
- Making phone calls or signing appeal letters to parents for the Ursinus Annual Fund.
- Meeting with potential PLC members to encourage other parents to support Ursinus.
- Host summer send-off events or accepted student receptions.
- Assisting Advancement office with identifying parents for Annual Fund or other campaign priorities.
- Attend one-day meetings on campus in the fall during Family Weekend and in the spring.
These bi-annual meetings take shape around an agenda that includes administrative updates, a conversation with the President, presentations from faculty, students and campus leaders and time to visit socially with fellow Council members.
If you are interested in joining the Council, contact Pamela Panarella, executive director of college events and signature programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-409-3163.
Current PLC Members
Incoming 2021-22 Co-Chairs:
Kate and Chris Tompkins P’23
Bryn Mawr, PA and Saudi Arabia
Valerie Adelson P’23
Larry Barocas P’21
San Antonio, TX
Kathleen Boziwick and Ilya Oshman P’23
New York, NY
Susan Callahan ’85, P’21
Jay Eisenhofer P’25
New York, NY
Dane Hardwood P’12
Tom ’92 and Bonnie Hope P’21
Dave Kovach ’90, P’21
West Chester, PA
George Nikolaou P’24
King of Prussia, PA
Jane North and Robert Steiner P’24
Newtown, Square, PA
Tina and Harvey Warnick ’21
Silver Spring, MD
Cindy Wilkinson P’24
Grace and Lewis Yu P’24