The Parents Leadership Council (PLC) is comprised of parents who demonstrate their commitment to Ursinus through their philanthropic leadership and active engagement in the life of the college.
PLC members contribute to the college in numerous ways, including the following:
- Providing parent perspectives by sharing their insights on their experience and their students’ experiences.
- Supporting the Annual Fund with a leadership gift of $1,869 or more.
- Offering experiential internships and career opportunities to Ursinus students.
- Being available to offer career advice to students through the UC Parent Group on LinkedIn.
- Provides job shadow opportunities to current students through our Extern Program.
- Facilitates connections to people and organizations interested in hiring talented Ursinus students and alumni.
- Work with the admission office to connect with prospective students and families.
- Attend and/or assist with Admission Events
- Assist with college fairs
- Contact prospective students and families
- Host prospective student events
- Making phone calls or signing appeal letters to parents for the Ursinus Annual Fund.
- Meeting with potential PLC members to encourage other parents to support Ursinus.
- Host summer send-off events or accepted student receptions.
- Assisting Advancement office with identifying parents for Annual Fund or other campaign priorities.
- Attend one-day meetings on campus in the fall during Family Weekend and in the spring.
These bi-annual meetings take shape around an agenda that includes administrative updates, a conversation with the President, presentations from faculty, students and campus leaders and time to visit socially with fellow Council members.
If you are interested in joining the Council, contact Pamela Panarella, executive director of alumni and parent relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-409-3163.