Prevention and Advocacy
We envision a community of students, faculty and staff who make thoughtful and responsible decisions in regards to their overall wellness leading to low rates of negative consequences from alcohol, drugs, and interpersonal violence.
The Office of Prevention and Advocacy provides health and wellness promotion, alcohol and drug education, and sexual misconduct prevention programs. These outreach efforts empower students to become independent, responsible, and thoughtful leaders. The Office engages with all community members to develop moral courage, social responsibility, and healthy choices to create a respectful and safe living-learning environment.
Due to Working Remotely for Spring 2020: Our Virtual Office Hours are weekdays from 3:30-4:30pm available for students to “walk-in” and say hi, ask a question, and get some support. Visit the public UCGroup: Prevention and Advocacy Office on Microsoft Teams to find our virtual office and chat with a staff member.
Services for Students:
- Campus-wide awareness events in collaboration with other departments and student groups
- Individual brief assessments for alcohol and other drugs. To make an appointment, email email@example.com
- Resources and referrals to on and off-campus supports including support for students in recovery
- Personalized group training sessions for student organizations including bystander intervention education
- Group educational classes and training sessions focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drugs
Services for Faculty:
- Don’t Cancel That Class program providing guest speakers on wellness topics personalized to fit your syllabus. To request a guest speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom support and resources for how to improve student’s academic success
Services for Coaches:
- Personalized training sessions connecting leadership among the team to leadership in a social setting including recognizing high risk behaviors such as hazing, substance use disorder, sexual misconduct, and impact of wellness, alcohol and drugs on performance including time-management, self-care, etc. To request a training, email email@example.com
- Private consultations regarding student-athlete concerns. To consult with the Director, email Katie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the 2016-2018 Biennial Review of Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program