Prevention and Advocacy provides services for the entire campus community: students, faculty and staff, coaches, as well as parents and alumni. We are a resource for every constituent regarding holistic health and wellness.
Services for Students:
- Campus-wide awareness events in collaboration with other departments and student groups
- Individual brief assessments for alcohol and other drugs. To make a private appointment, email email@example.com
- Health and Wellbeing Coaching around all kinds of wellness topics including mental, physical, spiritual, and social health. To make a private appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resources and referrals to on and off-campus supports including support for students in recovery
- Personalized group training sessions for student organizations including bystander intervention education
- New in 2021: Is Drinking In Your Job Description for upperclassmen who are seeking internships, are in internships, or are considering how alcohol in the workplace should be handled during holiday parties, work happy hours, and even interviews. Email email@example.com to request this workshop for your group or team.
- Group educational classes and training sessions focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drugs
Services for Faculty:
- Don’t Cancel That Class program providing guest speakers on wellness topics personalized to fit your syllabus. Staff are qualified to discuss a variety of wellness topics. To request a guest speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that holding Friday morning classes or meetings is a Tier 3 prevention strategy from the National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse? Check out the research on how alcohol impacts academic success.
- Interested in helping to improve the culture around substances on campus? Join the Community Standards on Alcohol and other Substances (CSAS) Committee to actively play a role in collecting and reviewing data to address trends and create recommendations for the College on how to improve the culture around substances. The committee is working on the Impact of Substances Summit to be a part of the Annual Community Conference in Spring 2022!
Services for Coaches:
- Personalized training sessions connecting leadership among the team to leadership in a social setting including recognizing high risk behaviors such as hazing, substance use disorder, sexual misconduct, and impact of wellness, alcohol and drugs on performance including time-management, self-care, etc. To request a training, email email@example.com
- Private consultations regarding student-athlete concerns. To consult with the Director, email Katie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org