Wellness Week Spring 2021
Check out all the workshops, programs, and events hosted with one focus in mind - YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS! All events are designed to empower students to take care of their mind, body, and spirit. There are lots of options so find something that you think will benefit you and mark your calendar!
MONDAY, MARCH 29, 2021
- Mondays with Missy with Dean of Students, Missy Bryant. This month’s focus is on Health and Wellness so additional staff will join; Katie Bean, Director of Prevention and Advocacy and Lauren Finnegan, Director of Wellness. Come to ask questions and connect on health and wellness issues. (Join in via zoom link here).
- Phagwah (Holi) Painting Social with IIE from 530pm-630pm in Lower Wismer
- Peer Support Group with UCrew from 6pm-7pm (Join in via zoom link here)
- Equity and Restorative Healing Circle with IIE from 6pm-7pm
- Daily Devotional with Chapel Leader, Serena from 7pm-715pm (link in email)
TUESDAY, MARCH 30, 2021
- Daily Devotional with Chapel Leader, Ethan from 1130am-1145am (link in email)
- Knitting Group with Wellness from 12pm-1pm; Limited to 15 students in person at Wellness. Rain location is online. No experience necessary! Knitting supplies provided or you can bring your own.
- Group Therapy with Wellness from 1pm-2pm (Join in via zoom link here)
- Creating a Culture of Care during Covid with Prevention & Advocacy from 330pm-430pm
- NIA Walking Group with the IIE from 5pm-6pm
- Self Consciousness Workshop with Brilliant Bears from 8pm-9pm (Join in via Zoom link here)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31, 2021 (Break Day)
- Seated Yoga Session to breathe, stretch, and meditate from 11am-12pm. This can be done from a desk chair or the floor or where ever you are comfortable! Open to all bodies - no experience necessary! Sign up in the link above for this event and future yoga sessions too!
- Meditative Hike with UCrew from 1130am-1230pm; meet at the tables outside of Lower by the Love Statue. The hike will take place on the Perkionmen Trail and will be led by UCrew Member, Diane Imboden. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Conversations About and Across Difference: Born a Crime Conversation from 12pm-1pm
- Wellness Wheel Workshop with Prevention and Advocacy from 1pm-130pm where we will review the 6 dimensions of wellness and identify ways to manage stress that fall in each area that work best for you, reflecting on balance. (Join in via Zoom Link Here)
- Afternoon on the Campus Farm from 1pm-3pm; Limited to 15 students, pre-register at the link.
- 15 minute: Pop In Meditation with Prevention and Advocacy from 145pm-2pm (Join via Zoom Link Here)
- Finger Painting with SAO from 230pm-330pm in the Bears Den!
- How to Fan the Flames of Burnout with Prevention & Advocacy from 4pm-430pm; One lucky attendee will win the awesome book Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle which was the genius behind this session. Sign up in the link above for this event and future Burnout sessions too!
- Make your Own Stress Balls with SAO from 430pm-530pm in the Bears Den!
Queer Quest Book Club from 530pm-630pm. Please visit the Institute for Inclusion and Equity (IIE) or Radiance Peer Connections in Lower Wismer to grab a copy of the featured reading.
Featured Reading: She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders by Jennifer Finney Boylan. Sign up at the link above.
- Daily Devotional with Chapel Leader Simba from 7pm-715pm (link in email)
Self-Care Kahoot! with UCrew and Prevention & Advocacy from 730pm-8pm - The top 3 students who answer the most questions quickly and correctly will win prizes! (Join via Zoom Link Here)
- 1st Place - Echo dot with smart plug OR diffuser set with oils and LED string lights
- 2nd Place - Bullet smoothie maker OR Amazon firestick
- 3rd Place - Journal OR set of 24 spa face sheet masks
THURSDAY, APRIL 1, 2021
- Thin Brown Lines Baden Lecture: A Qualitative Investigation of Microaggression Experiences in Students of Color at a Predominately White Institution by Kneia DaCosta, Psychology Department from 1pm-2pm. Join at 4:00 for social time, the presentation will start around 4:15. (link in email)
- Self-Compassion during the social media era with students from 130pm-230pm (Join via Zoom Link here) Students in Louise Woodstock’s “Self-help & Therapeutic Culture” class are hosting a series of gratitude workshops starting April 1. Join Brenna Trkula, Brooke Hurley and Morgan Mason to learn about self-compassion and how to practice it in the social media era.
- Daily Devotional with Chapel Leader Jenni from 5pm-515pm (link in email)
- Nooma with Chapel Leaders from 7pm-8pm (link in email)
- Writing Affirmations with Brilliant Bears from 8pm-9pm (Join via Zoom link here)
FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021
- Poe on Poe is available to stream online starting today at Live On Main
- Daily Devotional with Chapel Leader Brandon from 12pm-1215pm (link in email)
- DART Open Listening Hour with Diversity Action Resource Team (DART) members from 1pm-2pm. DART is committed to proactively improving resilience and understanding amongst the campus community and we know this is best achieved by listening to YOU, the students. Register at the link above.
- Mental Health & Selfcare BINGO! hosted by Wellness from 1pm-130pm on Zoom. This is a fun version of Bingo that discusses healthy coping skills for stress and anxiety as well as self-care techniques. There will be prizes for bingo winners!! Register at the link above.