May Residence Hall Closing
- Students are expected to move-out within 24 hours of their last final or by Thursday, May 12 at 8PM, whichever comes first.
- Residence halls are closed to all graduating students on Saturday, May 14 at 8PM.
- All students are responsible for the condition of their room/suite upon departure from campus. Students are also responsible for the condition of all college-owned furniture and amenities in their room/suite.
- Once students have removed all items from their room/suite, they must lock the room/suite door behind them to ensure security of the room/suite after moving out.
- Upon departure, each student must fill out a Closing Check Out Form and upload a picture of their room/suite. Completing this form confirms the student has checked out. The form also serves as a space to report any room damages that occurred during the academic year. Students who do not complete the check out form are not eligible to appeal any damages per the Student Handbook.
- Students will receive a key envelope from their RA to return their keys. Key envelopes will include student’s name, building, and room number. Only graduating seniors should return their MSC key - all other students should keep their MSC key until graduation. Keys must be returned to the key return box inside the Campus Safety vestibule. Students who have lost or misplaced keys should email email@example.com. There will be a $15 per key replacement fee for any missing keys.
- For any additional questions regarding move out, each Resident Advisor (RA) will host a hall meeting between April 23-April 29. In addition, each RA will have hours where they will be available for questions in their room throughout the final exam period (Thursday, May 5-Thursday, May 12). Hours will be communicated with residents and vary based on the availability of each RA.
- Students may be approved for summer housing through a college-sponsored program and/or on-campus work (i.e. Summer Fellows, Digital Spark, on-campus employment with an Ursinus office, approved internship through CPD).
- A separate communication about summer housing will be sent by Monday, April 18.
- What should I do with my keys? When moving out, lock room doors/suite doors, place room key (and, if applicable, house/suite key) into the key envelope provided to you, and take the envelope to the key box in the foyer of Campus Safety. Non-graduating students must submit keys by 8PM on Thursday, May 12. Graduates and residents approved to work Commencement must submit keys by 8PM on Saturday, May 14. Students who have lost keys will incur a $15 key replacement fee per key.
- Can I leave items in my room and/or common room if I am returning to the same space next year? Unfortunately, no. The spaces need to be emptied so our Facilities and Custodial staff can clean and do necessary renovations and repairs over the summer. The residence halls need to be cleared out of all non-College items for them to be able to do so.
- What is the last day of mail delivery? The last day of mail delivery is Friday, May 13. Mail and magazines received after May 13 will be sent to residents’ home address. The Mailroom staff will email more information about this as well. Please empty your mailbox and pick up packages before leaving campus.
- How do I dispose of trash? The College provides dumpsters in a variety of locations around campus. Most electronic items are not permitted in the dumpsters, so review signage before utilizing them. Dumpsters will arrive on campus on May 5. Click here to view a map of dumpster locations.
- When do 24-hour quiet hours begin? 24-hour quiet hours begin at 12:01AM on Thursday, May 5 and remain in effect through 5pm on Thursday, May 12. Residents are expected to be courteous of neighbors when moving out of the halls during final exams.
- Where do I take my unwanted reusable items? Sustainable Move-Out will run from Monday, May 9 to Friday, May 13 between 11am and 6pm. The tent will be located between Richter/North and BPS on the Paisley beach. Click here to read more about what items are accepted and other details from the Office of Sustainability.
- Where can I store belongings over the summer? The College does not have storage facilities on campus. Personal and organizational belongings may not be left in rooms or common areas. Any furniture outside of a suite or room after May 14 will be removed and discarded by Facilities/Housekeeping. There are a number of local storage options in the area. Talk with your RA as they may know other residents who want to share a storage space.
- What are the guidelines for loading cars? The Reimert Circle and lots behind BPS and Richer/North include fire lanes that cannot be blocked for any length of time. Have belongings packed and ready to load before pulling into a loading zone. Flashers must be on, and vehicles may stay in the lane for a maximum of 15 minutes. Vehicles must stay off grass and brick pathways unless given permission by Campus Safety. Cars will not be permitted on any walkways or campus paths on Saturday, May 14 beginning at 7:00AM. Seniors are encouraged to move out as many belongings as possible prior to Graduation Day. Vehicles in violation of these guidelines may be ticketed and/or towed without warning. Contact Campus Safety with questions at 610-409-3333.
- What policies are in effect until graduation? All students, including seniors, must abide by ALL policies, including COVID-19 guidelines through graduation.
- When do we return for the fall semester? Move-in day for the fall semester is Sunday, August 28. If you live more than 4 hours away, you are eligible for arrival on Saturday, August 27 from 1:00PM-4:00PM with approval from our office. Students will receive information about the early arrival request process and move-in this July.