Staff Assembly is made up of four distinct committees. Staff are invited to join any of the sub-committees on Staff Assembly.
- Creates a quarterly newsletter.
- Makes a PowerPoint slideshow and announcements of new employees at Staff Assembly meetings.
- Maintains and regularly updates the Staff Assembly webpage.
- Sends special announcements of interest to the staff via email.
Community Relations Committee
- Plan activities—on and off-campus—that will build a sense of community.
- Provide opportunities to employees across campus to get to know each other outside of the usual business-related activities.
Professional Development Committee
- Collaborate with various offices on campus to enhance professional development growth opportunities for staff members, taking advantage of on-campus and external resources
- Offer regularly scheduled programs and training for Ursinus College staff in consultation with Human Resources, Staff Assembly Executive Board, employee evaluations and Ursinus staff feedback.
Staff Affairs Committee
- Monitors and responds to the Bear in Mind email.
- Provides a forum for discussion and recommendation on staff resource matters.
- Involved with the distribution and final decision of the Tortorelli and Laughlin staff awards.
- Works in tandem with Human Resources on various programs that impact staff work environment.
- Assists in planning events with Community Relations to promote a sense of community.