Events & Opportunities
Staff Assembly offers a variety of opportunities and professional development events for staff. Check out some of our current and past events below!
Staff Assembly will host two learning circles this semester for staff. Staff Learning Circles are small discussion groups (6 participants each) that spend a semester reading and discussing a book. The Spring 2020 books are:
- Are you Fully Charged? The Three Keys to Energizing Your Work and Life
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People
All staff members are eligible to participate. By signing up, you agree to meet with others in your Learning Circle throughout the semester. As a group, you will decide on your meeting times. Staff Assembly will supply the books and buy each Learning Circle lunch for their initial meeting in Wismer. Please use this form to sign up for a Spring 2020 Learning Circle by Friday, February 14.
Upcoming Development Dialogues
All development dialogues take place on Fridays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. in the Faculty/Staff Dining Room unless otherwise noted.
- Navigating Beyond Disability Friday, March 6
- Strategies to Spark Creative Solutions at Work Friday, March 20
- Life After Retirement Friday, April 10
- Building Meaningful and Purposeful Connections Friday, May 8
Call for UTalk Presenters!
Do you have an experience or interest that you would like to share? UTalk presenters discuss topics they are passionate about! Sign up to facilitate a 5–7 minute UTalk. Email Ashley Henderson at email@example.com if you are interested!
Past UTalk presentations
Join the Professional Development Committee!
Next Meeting Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Contact Ashley Henderson, Professional Development Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org