Smith Quest Scholars
Funded by the generous support of the Harold C. Smith Foundation, Ursinus College offers a selected number of Smith Quest Scholarships. Smith Quest Scholars are academically competitive, are people of faith, and have a desire to engage in personal reflection of their own faith while participating in interfaith and vocational discovery initiatives. Scholars are awarded $7,500/year, on top of their merit award.
These highly motivated students will benefit from the value of an Ursinus liberal arts education and the unique and focused program elements offered by the Harold C. Smith Quest Program. Students admitted in the scholarship cohorts will develop life-long bonds and will create an inviting environment for new Scholars and for other students who become involved in various program activities also supported by the Smith Quest Program. These experiences will lead the Smith Quest Scholars and other involved students through their own personal thoughts about the question “What will I do?,” which is integral to the Ursinus mission and curriculum.
Based on previous life experiences, the sense of inquiry within them, and the focused activities offered over the course of their matriculation, Smith Quest Scholars will emerge as leaders who have honed their abilities to pursue meaningful lives of purpose.
How to Apply
1. For top consideration, students should apply to the college Early Action by November 1 or Early Decision 1 by December 1 and complete the required supplemental application by January 3. Limited finalist spots are available for Regular Decision and Early Decision 2 students who apply to the college by January 1 and submit the supplemental application by January 3.
2. Complete the online application by January 3, 2024. To apply students will login with the username and password sent to them upon application submission to Ursinus. Please check the email address associated with your application.
3. Applications are due by January 3, 2024. On-campus interviews will take place February 2024.
For additional information, contact Laura Cunningham at email@example.com.
What are the Terms of the Scholarship?
- $7500 annual scholarship (applied after all other gift aid has been applied to the student’s financial aid package).
- Required Course: What Really Matters in Life (PHIL309D)
- Participation in one service opportunity each semester
- Guaranteed opportunities to participate in:
- Talks About Baldwin (T.A.B.) Time is a book club and meeting to discuss various topics related to community, faith and diversity.
- Alternative Break Service Trip(s)
- Vocational Discernment Opportunities
Faith in Action Experiences
Smith Quest Scholars will be involved in at least one experience each year with the goal of holding a leadership role in one organization. Examples of spiritual and service opportunities include:
- Chapel Leadership Team
- Hillel Activities
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Muslim Students Association
- Intervarsity Fellowship
- Newman Society