Smith Quest Scholarship
Funded by the generous support of the Harold C. Smith Foundation, Ursinus College offers a selected number of Smith Quest Scholarships. Smith Quest Scholars are academically competitive, are people of faith, and have a desire to engage in personal reflection of their own faith while participating in interfaith and vocational discovery initiatives.
These highly motivated students will benefit from the value of an Ursinus liberal arts education and the unique and focused program elements offered by the Harold C. Smith Quest Program. Students admitted in the scholarship cohorts will develop life-long bonds and will create an inviting environment for new Scholars and for other students who become involved in various program activities also supported by the Smith Quest Program. These experiences will lead the Smith Quest Scholars and other involved students through their own personal thoughts about the question What Will I do?, which is integral to the Ursinus mission and curriculum.
Based on previous life experiences, the sense of inquiry within them, and the focused activities offered over the course of their matriculation, Smith Quest Scholars will emerge as leaders who have honed their abilities to pursue meaningful lives of purpose.
Scholarship Benefits and Requirements
- $7500 annual scholarship (applied after all other gift aid has been applied to the student’s financial aid package).
- Required Course: What Really Matters in Life (PHIL309D)
Guaranteed opportunities to participate in:
- Alternative Spring Break
- Academic Year and Summer Vocational Discernment Internships
- Preparation and support for application process for Rice International Fellowship
Faith in Action Experiences
(Smith Quest Scholars must choose a minimum of one experience per year, with the aim of ultimately assuming leadership responsibilities in one organization)
- Chapel Leadership Team
- Hillel Activities
- Winter Break Service Trips
- Muslim Students Association
- Intervarsity Fellowship
- Newman Society
(Smith Quest Scholars must choose a minimum of one service opportunity per semester)
- Utilize the Ursinus Center for Advocacy, Responsibility and Engagement (UCARE) for local community service opportunities and internships.