Every year our students leave us…and leave some of their stuff behind. We’ve got an answer for that.
What is Sustainable Move-Out?
Students, faculty and staff make donations of things that they don’t want at the end of the spring semester. We collect the unwanted items and display it all so that it is easy to view in our tent. UC community members are welcome to come and take things from our Move-Out Tent for FREE.
That’s right – FREE SHOPPING!
Sustainable Move-Out takes place during the last week of the spring semester. After graduation, all remaining donations go to local charities throughout Pennsylvania. Low quality items or items in disrepair that can be salvaged are recycled at Pottstown RSI.
How to Donate your stuff:
- Bring your donations to the Move-Out Tents (see map for locations) during the advertised Move-Out time period (this will be about 10 days at the end of the spring semester.
- Or, put them in the labeled Move-Out collection boxes that will be in your hallways.
What can I donate??
Almost Anything!!! (if it’s not on this list, that’s okay! We can’t list everything, but we’ll take most things -just no trash or trashed items please)
Clothes (in any condition)
- Men’s, Women’s, UC-gear, sports wear (anything you don’t want)
- Shoes & Accessories
Bed & Bath
- Sheets & towels,
- Bedding & mattress pads
- Shower caddies
Furniture(Please bring your furniture to the nearest tent location - we’ll take it from there)
- Tables & chairs
- Wall hangings
- Mini-fridge (full size too!)
- AC units or fans
- Computers and Printers
- Paper, pens, notebooks, binders,
- Sporting Equipment/Games
Move-Out relies largely on volunteer efforts! Want to volunteer? We’d love to have you! You can volunteer for an hour at a time from 10AM-6PM during the Move-Out period.
Even if you only have an hour or two you can commit to volunteering, we can always use the help. This initiative would not be possible without the help of our volunteers.
As a volunteer you will be:
• Collecting donated goods from campus residence halls and bringing them to the free market tent locations.
• Maintaining and supervising the tents.
• Organizing and loading goods into trucks to take them to local thrift stores and charities.