The purpose of this grant program is to support faculty extending their teaching into new aspects of their discipline, especially significant pedagogical experimentation or new curricular development.
Supporting faculty with flexible funding
Grants can be used for a wide range of purposes:
- integrating a new technology into a course;
- a course-related partnership with a faculty member at another institution;
- integrating a major extradisciplinary element into a course;
- integrating a significant off-campus component into a course;
- attending a pedagogical conference, workshop, or institute;
- book/media purchases or archival expenses necessary for course development.
Modest grants—major innovations
TLI grants are relatively small (up to $500 each), yet experience has shown that this level of support is more than enough to jumpstart new faculty initiatives and empower faculty as teachers.
2015-2016 Grant Deadlines
August 1, 2016
(for Fall 2016)
November 15, 2016
(for Spring 2017)
April 14, 2017
(for Summer 2017)