Scholars in Service
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” - President Barack Obama
Scholars in Service at Ursinus College fosters an atmosphere of service and leadership, in which students learn and grow through a combination of direct service, training, reflection, and leadership development.
Service is supplemented by on-campus bi-weekly meetings and one-on-one advising with the Assistant Director of UCARE to round out not only service learning, but liberal education at its very core.
Requirements of Scholars in Service:
- Complete a total of 150 hours of service in the community per academic year (4-6 hours per week)
- Attend bi-weekly Scholars in Service meetings, where we reflect on our service experiences, participate in trainings, and learn about and discuss issues relating to social justice
- Participate in one Saturday of Service per month as a group
- Maintain good academic standing
- Serve as a positive representative of Ursinus and UCARE while serving at a community partner organization