“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” - President Barack Obama
Scholars in Service at Ursinus College fosters an atmosphere of service and leadership, in which students learn and grow through a combination of direct service, training, reflection, and leadership development.
Service is supplemented by on-campus bi-weekly meetings and one-on-one advising with the Assistant Director of UCARE to round out not only service learning, but liberal education at its very core.
Requirements of Scholars in Service:
- Complete a total of 150 hours of service in the community per academic year (4-6 hours per week)
- Attend bi-weekly Scholars in Service meetings, where we reflect on our service experiences, participate in trainings, and learn about and discuss issues relating to social justice
- Participate in one Saturday of Service per month as a group
- Maintain good academic standing
- Serve as a positive representative of Ursinus and UCARE while serving at a community partner organization