We are committed to ensuring that all students with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations enabling them to have access to college programs and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act guidelines.
The criteria for eligibility for accommodations for post-secondary institutions are very different than those for K-12. Students, who are interested in receiving academic accommodations, physical modifications/accommodations, and housing/food adjustments, should complete the Accommodation Request Form (below) and contact Shammah Bermudez via email or at 484-762-4329.
Ursinus College does not offer special courses or programs solely for students with disabilities; however those programs that exist for all students are made accessible to students with documented disabilities.
- Complete the Accommodation Request Form
- Provide current documentation, which meets the appropriate documentation requirements. In general, documentation should include testing/assessments completed by an independent properly credentialed professional in the applicable field and include recommendations for accommodations.
- Complete an intake with Shammah Bermudez
- The intake will take about one hour and is an opportunity for students to discuss their understanding of academic strengths, needs, and symptoms/conditions.
- Meet with Shammah Bermudez at the beginning of each semester to reinstate the accommodations for qualifying students and discuss any concerns or changes.