Before participating in intercollegiate athletics, a student must have a College physical on file with the Wellness Center and the Athletics Department. Limitations on eligibility and participation are determined by Ursinus College institutional guidelines, the NCAA, and the Centennial Conference.
Ursinus College reserves the right to make final decisions on eligibility and participation.
Floy Lewis Bakes Center – Helfferich Hall
- Students are required to show I.D.s at all times.
- Guests of students must be in the company of their host at all times. The host is responsible for the conduct of guests.
- Health and Exercise Physiology (HEP) classes, intercollegiate varsity sports, and intramurals have priority over free play or use of facilities.
- Floy Lewis Bakes Center - Helfferich Hall Hours:
Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- I.D.s must be displayed upon entering the facilities.
- There is an enforcement of a dress and conduct code.
- All users must sign Fitness Center Usage Forms.
Mondays-Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sundays & Saturdays: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Racquetball Court Policies
- All users must have Ursinus College I.D.
- HEP classes, Intramurals, Athletics have priority for use of the courts.
- The court is reserved for faculty/staff 12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Use of the courst is on a first come, first serve basis.
Tennis Court & Track Policies
- HEP classes, Intramurals, Athletics have priority for use of these areas.
Intramural Sports and Recreation
Intramural Sports Director, Kathy Wright
Floy Lewis Bakes Center
Intramural individual and team sports leagues & tournaments:
Flag Football (Men’s)
Indoor Volleyball (Men’s/Coed)
Indoor Soccer (Men’s/Coed)
5-on-5 Basketball (Men’s/Coed)
Indoor Field Hockey (Coed)
All sports have a captains meeting (mandatory attendance), which takes place after the deadline for registration and prior to the start of tournament play. At this meeting captains will be given their game schedules, a list of rules and regulations, and have their questions answered.
Entry forms are needed for all individual and team sports. Forms are available at the service desk in the Fitness Center or as an attachment to the email announcement for the registration time period. Completed forms are to be returned to the Fitness Center Service Desk or to the league coordinator prior to the deadline date for that specific season.
All recreational activities are drop-in activities. However, all participants must register for these activities by completing the entry form prior to participation. It is the responsibility of the participant to be cleared by their physician, and to possess good physical health prior to participating in any activity sponsored by Ursinus College.