At all registered events, the following requirements will apply:
- All registered events must have the required number of Event Directors serving at the event. Individual volunteers who choose to serve their community by serving as Event Directors must abide by all Event Director policies and procedures as outlined in the training program.
- All hosts and guests of registered event must abide by the Code of Conduct as well as the following: (Illegal, Unauthorized or Irresponsible Substance Abuse Policy)
- No person under 21 years of age may possess or consume alcoholic beverages, under any circumstances.
- College funds may not be used to purchase alcohol.
- A sufficient quantity of non-alcoholic beverages and food must be provided based on the estimated guest count or using the maximum occupancy limit of the space.
- Advertising or promotion of the event, including on social media, may not include any reference to drinking or to the availability of alcoholic beverages.
- Hosts are not permitted to open/start their event until the Resident Assistants on duty complete their pre-event host check-in and complete the event opening form.
- Visitors must be escorted to the registered event by their hosts.
- Events should not be over-crowded. All spaces have a posted fire code occupancy limit. It is the responsibility of the Event Directors to manage the number of individuals present at the event and request assistance from Campus Safety and/or Resident Advisors if needed.
The following guidelines/requirements apply to Registered Events in Reimert:
- Glass bottles and other glassware are prohibited in the Reimert Courtyard.
- Students who are 21 or older are permitted to have one 16 oz or less alcoholic beverage, excluding liquor bottles, in the Reimert Courtyard.
- No speakers are allowed outside, or in the doorways and/or windows, of residence hall suites. No coolers are allowed outside of residence hall suites.
- No furniture is permitted outside of residence hall suites.
- Large groups may not congregate on balconies or staircases. Balconies and staircases must always remain clear for accessible exit.
The following guidelines/requirements apply to Registered Events on Main Street:
- Glass bottles and other glassware are prohibited outdoors, including porches and yards.
- No alcohol is permitted outside, including the porches and yards.
- No speakers are allowed outside, or in the doorways and/or windows, of houses. No coolers are allowed outside of houses.
- Large groups may not congregate on porches. Porches must always remain clear for accessible exit.
Events in violation of any of these guidelines/requirements will be “Unregistered Events.” Sanctions may include the following: suspension of event privileges for the location or organization(s) for a period of time, loss of housing and individual sanctions.