At all registered events, the following requirements will apply:
- All registered events must have the required number of Event Directors serving at the event. Individual volunteers who choose to serve their community by serving as Event Directors must abide by all Event Director policies and procedures as outlined in the training program.
- At least one Event Director must be at the entrance(s) of the event and at least one event director must be circulating the event.
- All event directors must be present, sober, and visible by wearing a yellow bandanna and must be available throughout the event should any issues arise.
- At least one of the Event Directors in Reimert must be 21+ years old and at least two of the Events Directors on Main Street must be 21+ years old.
- All hosts and guests of a Registered Event must abide by the Code of Conduct as well as the following: (Illegal, Unauthorized or Irresponsible Substance Abuse Policy).
- While all students are invited to participate in social gatherings, only those 21 and over are permitted to possess or consume alcohol.
- College funds may not be used to purchase alcohol.
- A sufficient quantity of non-alcoholic beverages and substantial food must be provided based on the estimated guest count or using the maximum occupancy limit of the space.
- Advertising or promotion of the event, including on social media, may not include any reference to drinking or to the availability of alcoholic beverages.
- Hosts are not permitted to open/start their event until all pre-event requirements are complete, including the Resident Advisors on duty completing their pre-event host check-in and complete the event opening form.
- Visitors must be escorted to the Registered Event by their hosts.
- Events should not exceed posted fire code occupancy limits. It is the responsibility of the Event Directors to manage the number of individuals present at the event and request assistance from Campus Safety and/or Resident Advisors if needed.
The following guidelines/requirements apply to Registered Events in Reimert:
- Glass bottles and other glassware are prohibited in the Reimert Courtyard.
- Students who are 21 or older are permitted to have one 16 oz or less alcoholic beverage, excluding liquor bottles, in the Reimert Courtyard.
- No speakers are allowed outside, or in the doorways and/or windows, of residence hall suites. No coolers are allowed outside of residence hall suites.
- No furniture is permitted outside of residence hall suites.
- Large groups may not congregate on balconies or staircases. Balconies and staircases must always remain clear for accessible exit.
The following guidelines/requirements apply to Registered Events on Main Street:
- Glass bottles and other glassware are prohibited outdoors, including porches and yards.
- No alcohol is permitted outside, including the porches and yards.
- No speakers are allowed outside, or in the doorways and/or windows, of houses. No coolers are allowed outside of houses.
- Large groups may not congregate on porches. Porches must always remain clear for accessible exit.
Events in violation of any of these guidelines/requirements or any violation or the Student Code of Conduct, including hosting a disruptive gathering, will be lose their status as a Registered Event. Hosts, including individual students, organizations, and residents of the event space, may be held responsible for hosting an event that was not registered or that lost its status as a registered event. Sanctions may include the following: educational classes in person or online, suspension of event privileges for the event space or organization(s) for a period of time, loss of housing, and individual sanctions.