Event Director Policy & Expectations
An Event Director is a student trained by a professional staff member who manages registered events held on‐campus. Event Directors are responsible for maintaining a safe event environment, and ensuring that all attendees abide by federal, state, and Ursinus College laws and policies.
Any registered event within a Reimert suite requires three Event Directors to be present for the duration of the event. Any registered event within a designated Main Street house requires four Event Directors to be present for the duration of the event.
Event Director Expectations
- Must have at least one Event Director be over 21 years of age.
- Must be sober before and throughout the event.
- May not be in possession of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia throughout the event.
- Must be present inside the event suite or house for the duration of their event, with the sole exception of an Event Director standing immediately outside of the event suite or house’s door.
- At Reimert, one Event Director should be at the door managing entry and exit, including monitoring occupancy limits, while two other Event Directors should be circulating the event inside managing behaviors of guests. At Main Street houses, Event Directors have the same responsibilities, one Event Director should be at the front door and one at the back door with two Event Directors circulating inside.
- Must ensure that all attendees abide by federal, state, and Ursinus College laws and policies. In the event that an Event Director witnesses a violation of law or policy, they must contact a College Official.
- Must ensure all event attendees exhibit appropriate behavior, and must confront any inappropriate behavior that occurs during an event.
- Must notify a College Official or Collegeville Police if an attendee poses a health or safety threat to self or to others.
- Must ensure that the event is registered by the deadline and only occurring within approved times.
- One Event Director from each event must attend the mandatory pre-meeting with RAs and Campus Safety.
- Must review and complete the opening form with RAs or Campus Safety before starting the event.
- Must maintain communication with RAs and Campus Safety throughout event.
- Must ensure that the event suite or house has been cleaned immediately following an event.
Event Directors will share disciplinary and/or financial responsibility for any policy or law violations that occur while at their event. If an Event Director violates Event Director expectations, they will face disciplinary consequences as appropriate.
Event Directors who are found to be in violation of Event Director policy (including, but not limited to, hosting while under the influence, being in possession of any alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia while hosting, not being physically present at their event house or suite during registered hours, failure to contact appropriate authorities if an attendee is not following federal, state, or Ursinus law or policy or poses a health or safety threat to self or others, and for failing to provide for the timely cleanup following a registered event) may face disciplinary action.