An Event Director is a student trained by a professional staff member who manages registered social events held on‐campus. Event Directors are responsible for maintaining a safe event environment, and ensuring that all attendees abide by federal, state, and Ursinus College laws and policies.
Any registered event within a Reimert suite requires two Event Directors to be present for the duration of the event. Any registered event within a designated Main Street house requires four Event Directors to be present for the duration of the event.
Event Director Expectations
- Must include at least one Event Director over 21 years of age.
- Must be sober before and throughout their event.
- May not be in possession of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia throughout their event.
- Must be present inside the event suite or house for the duration of their event, with the sole exception of an Event Directors standing immediately outside of the event suite or house’s door.
- Must ensure that all attendees abide by federal, state, and Ursinus College laws and policies. In the event that an Event Director witnesses a violation of law or policy, they must contact a College Official or Police.
- Must ensure all event attendees exhibit appropriate behavior, and must confront any inappropriate behavior that occurs during an event.
- Must notify a College Official or Collegeville Police if an attendee poses a health or safety threat to self or to others.
- Must ensure that the event is registered and only occurring within approved times.
- Must maintain communication with RAs and Campus Safety throughout event.
- Must ensure that the event suite or house has been cleaned immediately following an event.
Event Directors will share disciplinary and/or financial responsibility for any policy or law violations that occur while at their event. If an Event Director violates Event Director expectations, they will face disciplinary consequences as appropriate.
Event Directors who are found to be in violation of Event Director policy (including, but not limited to, hosting while under the influence, being in possession of any alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia while hosting, not being physically present at their event house or suite during registered hours, failure to contact appropriate authorities if an attendee is not following federal, state, or Ursinus law or policy or poses a health or safety threat to self or others, and for failing to provide for the timely cleanup following a registered event) may face disciplinary action.