Campus Advertisements & Postings
In order to communicate to the campus community the vibrant and exciting happenings offered here at Ursinus College, use the following guidelines when posting materials or advertising about specifics events, programs, or activities in academic and administrative buildings:
- Postings are permitted in the following locations: bulletin boards, stairwell landings, elevators, metal doors, and bathrooms stalls.
- Flyers and publicity materials may not create a safety hazard.
- Postings may not be placed on glass doors, windows, at the top or bottom of stairwells, close to or covering lighting fixtures, or in places that may disrupt the flow of traffic in a building.
- Postings must be hung in an orderly, non-cluttered fashion, without multiple postings in one location.
- Permitted posting materials include thumb tacks, push pins, poster putty, painter’s tape, or magnets.
- Scotch, packaging or duct tape on any surfaces is prohibited due to the damage and difficulties associated with the removal of such items from walls, doors, and windows.
- Postings or advertisements should be removed within 24 hours after the event, program, or activity has occurred.
- Any posting or advertisement that has been damaged and is deemed unreadable may be remove by college personnel.
Please direct any inquiries concerning this policy to the Leadership Development & Student Activities Office.
Guidelines for Parent Solicitation
The following guidelines are intended to inform student organizations of the appropriate avenues concerning the solicitation of parents in regards to the sale of services or goods. Any officially recognized student organization may make a request for parent contact information from the Leadership Development/Student Activities Office. Requests may be made during any period of the academic school year (August through May) and must be approved by a member of Leadership Development/Student Activities Office staff for content. Any requests that are found to be in poor taste or of an offensive nature will be denied, and the sponsoring group may lose their privileges. Offerings must provide goods or services that add to a positive community environment here at the College, and should be of value or worth to the purchaser. Organizations may not ask for donations of money or property and must adhere to all local, state, and federal laws. Raffles, 50/50s, or regulated items such as drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, etc. are strictly prohibited as offerings. Good common sense along with the faculty adviser’s approval should be used when making a request for parent information to make a solicitation. Please direct all inquiries to Leadership Development and Student Activities Office located in the lower level of Wismer Hall or call 610-409-3608.
Campus Vendor Solicitation Policy
The vendor program for Wismer Hall is overseen by the staff in the CASE Office, and usually runs from late August to the end of October for the fall semester. During the spring semester the vendor program runs from mid-March until the end of April. The only vendors allowed on campus are organizations, groups, or businesses that offer items for sale that are received at the point of sale. The area directly in front of Wismer Hall (Bears’ Den), the Bears’ Den, Olin Plaza, Zack’s Patio, and Wismer Lower Lounge are the approved areas for vendors in or around Wismer Hall.
The following items or service are not allowed to be sold or solicited on campus through the vendor program:
- Contracts or services offered by cell phone companies
- Credit card applications or offers
- Any contractual agreement for services such as fitness clubs, tanning salons, or sponsorships of events by bars or nightclubs
Please make note that vendors should never ask for your personal information concerning items that could lead to identity theft such as social security number, driver’s license, date of birth, etc. If at any time you are unsure about any particular situation concerning a vendor – please contact Campus Safety immediately. General inquires may be made to the CASE Office.