Policy Revision & Acknowledgements
Policy Revision Statement
To assure continued compliance with Title IX and/or any other state or federal anti-discrimination/harassment/retaliation laws, if state or federal statutory provisions, regulatory guidance, or court interpretations or guidance provided by any authorized regulating agency change, or conflict with college policy and/or procedure including but not limited to the hearing procedures set forth in this Code of Student Conduct, the college’s policy and/or procedure will be deemed amended as of the time of the decision, ruling, legislative enactment or guidance. Every reasonable effort has been made to make certain that the information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication. Ursinus, however, reserves the right, without prior notice, to correct errors and to make changes in this Handbook and its policies, procedures, programs, and/or activities as it deems appropriate and in the best interest of the College.
- Harper College – Office of Student Conduct
- Edward N. Stoner II and John Wesley Lowery, “Navigating Past the ‘Spirit of Insubordination’: A Twenty-First Century Model Student Code of Conduct with a Model Hearing Script,” Journal of College and University Law, 31(1), (2004): 1-78.
- The General Order on Judicial Standards of Practice and Substance in Review of Student Discipline in Tax-Supported Institutions of Higher Education, 45 F.R.D. 133 C.F.R. (1968).
- Professional resources and guidance from the Association of Student Conduct Administration (ASCA), the Association for Title IX Administrators (ATIXA) and the NCHERM Group, LLC.
- The Student Codes of Conduct and related procedures from: Bowling Green State University, Joliet Junior College, The University of Florida, Waubonsee Community College, and Wright State University