February 21st, 2019
Feb212019 7:00pmBlack Women’s Community Building And Activism In The Black Power MovementBears’ Den, Wismer Center
March 28th, 2019
Mar282019 4:30pmControversy And Community In Schools: American Indian Education Policies In Historial PerspectiveBears’ Den, Wismer Center
Mar282019 7:00pmLa Borinquena: Afro-Latina Superhero and Post-Hurricane Maria Puerto RicoOlin Auditorium
April 2nd, 2019
Apr22019 7:00pmEboo Patel Out of Many Faiths: Religious Diversity and the American PromiseLenfest Theater, Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Center
Ursinus College’s inclusion and equity commitment is a hallmark of our community.
We are compassionate and respectful of every member of our community, one that is and will continue to be guided by the principles of diversity, inclusion and mutual respect.
We are a community in which all of its members feel affirmed, respected, welcomed and safe.
It is the combined strength of the abilities, cultures/ethnicities, experiences, genders, religions, and talents that each of us brings to Ursinus College that are the cornerstones of our inclusive campus.
What We Do
- Offer space for social gatherings and media viewings as well as for dialogues on matters of current intellectual, social, and political interest
- Collaborate with other student support networks including the Institute for Student Success and the W.R. Crigler Institute, to help all students make the most of their Ursinus education
- Provide a forum for open discussion of the four questions that structure the college’s core curriculum, with attention to their relevance for issues of equity and inclusion
- Advise organizations serving underrepresented student groups on campus
- Support educational and cultural programming for the broader campus community
- Build collaborative relationships with alumni/ae
- Help students connect with fellow students at peer institutions
- Offer a warm, welcoming environment in which every member of the Ursinus community, regardless of background, can thrive