April 13th, 2019
Apr 13 2019 7:00pmSpirituality and the Arts: Using Grief as a Catalyst for Creative Expression and Social TransformationLenfest TheaterThis Faith and Life Forum seeks to explore the intersection between matters of faith and contemporary issues in public life. The guest speaker is actor, playwright and director Colman Domingo, who appears in the Academy Award-nominated If Beale Street Could Talk.
April 14th, 2019
Apr 14 2019 12:00pmWomen Empowerment LunchInstitute for Inclusion and Equity, Wismer Lower
Ursinus College’s inclusion and equity commitment is a hallmark of our community.
We are compassionate and respectful of every member of our community, one that is and will continue to be guided by the principles of diversity, inclusion and mutual respect.
We are a community in which all of its members feel affirmed, respected, welcomed and safe.
It is the combined strength of the abilities, cultures/ethnicities, experiences, genders, religions, and talents that each of us brings to Ursinus College that are the cornerstones of our inclusive campus.
What We Do
- Offer space for social gatherings and media viewings as well as for dialogues on matters of current intellectual, social, and political interest
- Collaborate with other student support networks including the Institute for Student Success and the W.R. Crigler Institute, to help all students make the most of their Ursinus education
- Provide a forum for open discussion of the four questions that structure the college’s core curriculum, with attention to their relevance for issues of equity and inclusion
- Advise organizations serving underrepresented student groups on campus
- Support educational and cultural programming for the broader campus community
- Build collaborative relationships with alumni/ae
- Help students connect with fellow students at peer institutions
- Offer a warm, welcoming environment in which every member of the Ursinus community, regardless of background, can thrive