Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Field House, located in Floy Lewis Bakes Center. Enter campus through the Ninth Avenue entryway.
Upon your arrival on August 24, 2017, you will receive a personalized schedule. Here is an idea of what the orientation schedule will look like. Sample Orientation Schedule
Check-in and Move-in
- Receive personalized instructions upon entering the Field House.
- Complete any unfinished financial aid information and business. All balances must be settled before proceeding.
- Submit Health Record form, Online Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver form, and Meningococcal Vaccine form if not already completed. Hard copies were distributed in May, but can be accessed here: Wellness Records
- Obtain room keys and temporary parking permit for move in if you are a resident student
- Receive your student Identification card. The Student ID is required for all meals, library transactions, fitness center use, campus printing, and most building accesses.
- Secure mailbox key if you are a resident student. You will keep this mailbox for your entire Ursinus career.
- Receive a New Student Orientation schedule, which begins officially at 3:00 PM for both families and students. Be sure to pack something dressy for a semi-formal candlelight dinner-dance to be held on Saturday evening. Don’t forget to bring a bathing suit for President Blomberg’s Backyard Bash on Friday, August 26th.
- Meet with local bank representatives to open personal accounts if you would like. The College’s bank, PNC, has an ATM with no fees for account holders located outside of Zack’s in Wismer Lower Level.
Check-in and registration begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Floy Lewis Bakes Center. Move-in will occur between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. President Blomberg and Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, Deborah Nolan cordially invite the families of the Class of 2021 to join them at 3:00 PM under the tent on the Reimert Lawn for a short reception before departing. New students will begin Orientation in another location at this time, as well.
Fall athletes move in earlier in August at designated team check-in times.
Ursinus will provide a complimentary lunch for first year students and their families in the Wismer Dining Hall from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM. In addition, the Convenience Store located on the lower level of Wismer will be open from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM if you wish to purchase a grab n’ go meal or snacks. New students’ first meal during orientation will be dinner in Wismer Dining Hall on Thursday evening.
Between Now and Your Arrival
- Check the Grizzly Gateway to view your student account and course schedule.
- Complete the CIE summer readings.
- Reach out to your future roommates.
Contact the Leadership Development and Student Activities Office at 610. 409.3608, or firstname.lastname@example.org.