August Orientation is an opportunity for the Class of 2022 to explore campus, start forging new friendships, and learn what it means to be a Bear.
Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 9:00 AM – Noon
Field House, located in Floy Lewis Bakes Center. Enter campus through the Ninth Avenue entryway.
Check-in and Move-in
- Receive personalized instructions upon entering the Field House.
- Complete any unfinished student account business. All balances must be settled before proceeding.
- Submit Health Record form, Online Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver form, and Meningococcal Vaccine form if not already completed. Hard copies were distributed at Spring Orientation, but can also be accessed here: Wellness Records
- You will get your room’s keys and a temporary parking permit for move-in if you are a resident student.
- You will receive your student Identification (ID) card. The Student ID is required for all meals, library transactions, fitness center use, campus printing, and most building access.
- You will get your mailbox key if you are a resident student. You will keep this mailbox for your entire Ursinus career.
- Your New Student Orientation schedule will be emailed to your Ursinus email address. Orientation begins officially at 3:00 PM for both families and students. Feel free to pack a bathing suit and towel for President Blomberg’s Backyard Bash.
- Meet with local bank representatives to open personal accounts if you would like. The College’s bank, PNC, has an ATM with no fees for account holders located between Zack’s and the Bookstore in Wismer Lower Level.
A complimentary lunch for you and your family will be available in Wismer Dining Center from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM.
Fall athletes move in earlier in August at designated team check-in times.
Your families are invited to join us at 3:00 PM in Strassburger Commons for a short reception before departing. You will begin Orientation with your group at this time.
Between Now and Your Arrival
Check the Grizzly Gateway to view your student account, course schedule, and any incomplete business that needs to be addressed before you move in. Complete the CIE summer readings and the BCSSE survey. Reach out to your future roommates. Please note that you will need an Ursinus generated username and password to access this portal.
Contact the Leadership Development and Student Activities Office at 610.409.3608, or email@example.com.