Dear New Student:
Welcome to your first semester at Ursinus College! All of us on the faculty and staff are excited to greet you later in August. I am including some important information regarding your check-in and move-in process.
Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Field House, located in Floy Lewis Bakes Center. Enter campus through the Ninth Avenue entryway.
Check-in and Move-in
- Receive personalized instructions upon entering the Field House.
- Complete any unfinished student account business. All balances must be settled before proceeding.
- Submit Health Record form, Online Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver form, and Meningococcal Vaccine form if not already completed. Hard copies will be distributed at Spring Orientation, but can also be accessed here: Wellness Records
- Obtain room keys and temporary parking permit for move in if you are a resident student.
- Receive your student Identification card. The Student ID is required for all meals, library transactions, fitness center use, campus printing, and most building accesses.
- Secure mailbox key if you are a resident student. You will keep this mailbox for your entire Ursinus career.
- Receive a New Student Orientation schedule (view sample schedule), which begins officially at 3:00 PM for both families and students. Feel free to pack a bathing suit and towel for President Blomberg’s Backyard Bash as well as something dressy for a semi-formal candlelight dinner-dance to be held on Saturday evening.
- Meet with local bank representatives to open personal accounts if you would like. The College’s bank, PNC, has an ATM with no fees for account holders located outside of Zack’s Food Court in Wismer Lower Level.
Ursinus will provide a complimentary lunch for first year students and their families in the Wismer Dining Hall from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM. In addition, the Convenience Store located on the lower level of Wismer will be open from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM if you wish to purchase a grab n’ go meal or snacks. New students’ first meal during orientation will be dinner in Wismer Dining Hall on Thursday evening.
Fall athletes move in earlier in August at designated team check-in times.
President Blomberg and I cordially invite the families of the Class of 2021 to join us at 3:00 PM under the tent on the Reimert Lawn for a short reception before departing. New students will begin Orientation in another location at this time.
BETWEEN NOW AND YOUR ARRIVAL:
Check the Grizzly Gateway to view your student account, course schedule and any incomplete business that needs to be addressed before you move in. Complete the CIE summer readings. Reach out to your future roommate(s). Please note that you will need an Ursinus generated username and password to access this portal.
Contact the staff in Leadership Development and Student Activities Office at 610.409.3608, or email@example.com.
Deborah Olsen Nolan
Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students