- Raising money for a bus to get your group to go to a soup kitchen to volunteer.
- Raising money for supplies so your group can put care packages together for a local organization that sends them to people in need.
- Raising money for a speaker to come to campus to talk about a topic/issue in efforts to educate or raise awareness to our campus community. (Last spring, Sankofa Umoja Nia (SUN) crowdfunded to bring a speaker to campus to celebrate race, diversity and social change.)
- Raising money for a service-learning trip. (Last spring, students collected and delivered supplies to an orphanage and senior home where they volunteered at in Guatemala.)
- Raising money to expand an existing program or initiative. (Last spring, the UC Environmental Action club crowdfunded to enhance their annual Earth Day fair by providing opportunities for further learning about rain gardens, sustainable building and more.)
- Raising money to improve awareness, acceptance or to educate about a population, issue, topic, etc. (Last spring, the Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA) crowdfunded to design Ursinus Pride t-shirts, an initiative that aimed to promote a safer, more inclusive campus environment for LGBTQ+ students.)
*Note: Project applications that are requesting to solely raise money for another organization or cause will not be approved. Please do not hesitate to reach out before applying if you are unsure about your project idea.
What you will do:
- Tell us about the project that needs funding (apply).
- If your project is selected, identify at least 3 project leaders who will meet with the Annual Giving team to tailor our crowdfunding plan to your group.
- Share the news and project website link with your networks (family, friends, UC alumni, etc.) leading up to and during the two week crowdfunding period via social media.
- Thank your donors.
- Spend your money during the 2017 spring semester.
How we help:
- Post your project on the Ursinus website.
- Reach out to GOLD alumni (graduates of the last decade) via email on your behalf.
- Share your project on social media.
- Provide contact information to help you thank your donors.
- Sunday, February 12th @ 11:59 PM - Deadline to apply!
- Monday, February 13th – Friday, February 17th – Applications will be reviewed and the selected organizations/groups will be notified by the end of the week.
- Monday, February 20th - Friday, March 3rd – The Annual Giving team will meet with project leaders from each of the selected groups.
- Saturday, March 4th- Saturday, March 18th – Selected groups will notify their networks with details about their upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
- Sunday, March 19th – Sunday, April 1st – Crowdfunding!