If you, or someone you know, is a survivor of sexual assault, dating violence,  stalking or harrassment, Ursinus College has resources available to you.

Gender-Based Violence, Assault, Stalking

Report An Assault

To report an assault, contact Campus Safety at 610-409-3333 and they can further direct you to support.

Get to a safe place immediately.

Contact someone who can help you right now, such as a friend, family member, or an advocate.

Seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Even if you do not want to report to the police, or if it has been a while since the assault, you may still benefit from medical attention.

Students can contact Wellness at for a medical appointment to discuss options for emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, and STI testing.

To receive a rape kit to collect forensic evidence, students are encouraged to visit one of the following hospitals that the Advocates from Victim Services Center of Montgomery County works with - this includes Einstein (Montgomery), Bryn Mawr, Lankenau or Pottstown hospitals. Campus Safety can assist with providing transportation to a hospital if needed. If you are thinking about going to the hospital but have questions, please call the Victim Services Center hotline at 888-521-0983 for more detailed information.

The hospitals listed above have a Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) program which utilizes specially trained nurses to collect evidence and administer care. In addition to collecting evidence, health concerns such as sexually transmitted disease (STD), pregnancy, and treatment of injuries will be addressed. It is important to have the evidence collected because, although you may not want to pursue criminal action immediately, you may change your mind in the future.

If you want evidence be collected at the hospital, do not shower, bathe, douche, wash your hands, brush your teeth, or comb your hair. Even though you may desperately want to clean yourself, you may destroy important evidence if you do so. If you have done any of the things mentioned, it is ok, it may still be possible to find evidence. You are encouraged to bring a change of clothing if you choose to have medical personnel collect evidence.

Report the incident.

Ursinus College encourages survivors to report all cases of sexual assault. Reporting an incident to the College is different from prosecuting through a criminal case. You are not obligated after reporting an incident to cooperate in a criminal investigation.

To report an assault, contact Campus Safety by calling 610-409-3333. A trained team member will meet with you to provide support and immediate interventions, which may include:

  • Referrals to appropriate law enforcement agencies
  • Referrals for medical treatment and/or counseling at the Wellness Center, and/or the Victim Services Center of Montgomery County.
  • Alternative accommodations for College housing, employment arrangements or academics.

Get Emotional Support

Tell someone you trust. There are resources available both on and off campus to provide you with guidance and support after a sexual assault. In addition to members of the Crisis Response Team, the following resources are available to all Ursinus College students:

  • Wellness Center: 610-409-3100 Campus counselors are available to provide confidential support during business hours. Email to schedule an appointment.
  • Victim Services Center of Montgomery County has a 24 hour hotline: 610-277-5200 – In addition to the 24 hour crisis hotline, Victim Services offers free individual and group therapy and other resources for victims of crime.

Sexual Harassment

Report An Assault

To report an assault, contact Campus Safety at 610-409-3333 and they can further direct you to support.

  • Confront the harasser and state that you want the harassment to stop.
  • If verbally confronting the harasser is not possible, send a written communication stating that you want the harassment to stop. Include the date.
  • If confronting the harasser is not an option or does not end the harassment, report the harassment to the Dean of Students office.
  • Seek support from others. Speak with someone you trust. There are resources available on campus to provide guidance and support, including Residence Life and Campus Safety.
  • Seek counseling. You can receive free confidential support from the College Wellness Center.

Report Harassment:

Campus Safety

Title IX Coordinator

Seek Support from:

RAs, Friends, Peer Advocates, Student Affairs, Campus Safety, Wellness Center

Dan Kelly Title IX

Dan Kelly
Associate Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator